Monday, November 11, 2013

Summer Reese accepts position as Permanent Executive Director of Pacifica

Wrap up of the Pacifica National Board (PNB) Meeting at KPFT in Houston

Nov 8 - Nov 11 2013 


The PNB meeting ended with report-outs of what's gone on in executive session for the past four days. Personnel Committee Chair John Cromshow announced that the PNB has extended the hire offer to Summer Reese to serve as permanent  Executive Director.

Summer Reese's acceptance:
"I'd like to thank all of my colleagues for surviving another PNB meeting. And I'd like to thank all of you. I've been the Chair of the Board for the last three years, and obviously that is changing, so I'm happy to accept the Executive Director position. I've enjoyed being your Chair as well, so thank you, and I look forward to continuing to serve the organization in my new capacity. So thank you all for coming and thank you for bearing with us, because it takes so long for these deliberative decisions to be made here sometimes, but we thank you, and look forward to serving you." 

The rest of the report-outs were given by PNB Secretary Richard Uzzell as follows:
1. The PNB discussed the KPFK PD Search Committee process of 2012 in consultation with counsel.
2. The PNB met in closed session solely to discuss confidential personnel matters.
3. The PNB discussed nothing concerning WBAI (!!?)

PNB Vice Chair Heather Grey announced that photos taken of the Board's visit to KPFT are now on youtube, and can be viewed by searching for "Pacifca National Board visits KPFT in Houston".

No comments:

Post a Comment