Saturday, November 16, 2013

From Pissed Off WBAI Workers (POWW)

From the Facebook page of Pissed Off WBAI Workers comes this:
 

Is Berthold Reimers really leaving on November 15? Aaccording to the bylaws, this may not be as cut and dry as anticipated.

"Both the Executive Director and/or an LSB may initiate the process to fire a station General Manager. However, to effectuate it, both the Executive Director and the LSB must agree to fire said General Manager. If the Executive Director and the LSB cannot agree, the decision to terminate or retain said General Manager shall be made by the Board of Directors." (Article Seven, Section 3 D.)

Did y'all really thought that this process would ever be easy? Once again "Doomed by Democracy". I'm so tired of this.
 
Then this:
Here it is. The following statement comes from Berthold Reimers as of 4:45 pm Thursday, November 14.

"There have been lots of rumors around my situation at WBAI. Let me clear the waters. I did not resign from my position nor did I intend to leave this position in the near future. I wish to continue in my position indefinitely".
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment